Monday, January 31, 2011

Treat your injuries well

I have been through a lot of injuries. I've a broken nasal bone due to softball, I have went through a surgery and had my right knee patellar realigned, with a permanent screw in it. I have, without fail, sprain both ankles in sports, any sport. And there are other injuries too.

But all of those injuries, only two I managed to treat it well - the nose and knee. The rest, most of the time, I went for a massage. You got it right. The traditional Malay massage. Lots of pain.

So, here's my advice to all of you out there who had any kind of injuries during games or even leisure. Treat your injuries well. If you sprain your ankle or any moving parts, first, DO NOT MASSAGE it! Elevate the injured part and put an ice pack (make sure the ice pack is covered with towel or cloth) or get some crushed ice, put them in a plastic bag and wrap in towel or cloth, and place the ice on the injured part for at least 15 minutes. Repeat this treatment every 2-3 hours until the swollen subsides. If you noticed any sharp or stabbing pain, go to the ER. an X-Ray or maybe MRI will tell if you have a more serious injuries.

More will come under this section. See you soon!

1 comment: