Friday, February 4, 2011

Blood donation in Angsana, JB

Salam. Today I went to Carrefour in search for Ronza and Larry's bathing sand and small 'potty' for them. It was a surprise to find the pet shop in Carrefour opened as usual despite Chinese New Year (the shop is owned by Chinese). I found the stuffs and went to Angsana to buy some cloth and learn how to make awning for my shawls.

Walking around Angsana after I bought some cloths, my fiance and I stumble upon blood donation drive, held by KKM. My fiance was so excited as he has been talking about donating again. So, he queued up, got his HB checked and went to the chair. I stood by his side, taking pictures. Here's a pic of him:


He's only acting. This is the 5th time he donated (he's now eligible to be charged into first class ward). I on the other hand was not able to donate because of 2 factors - the red flag is up and it has been only 4 months since I had my surgery. If I want to donate, I have to wait a year post-surgery. :( (I managed to donate twice, the 3rd and 4th was rejected because my HB was really low, under 10).

While waiting for his bag to fill up, we asked the attendance the interval between blood donating. He said 2 months. Which means, the blood bank is running low on blood! They are searching for more 'O' type while 'AB' are not welcomed.

So, here's my pledge to all of Malaysians out there. Go donate your blood, especially if you know you're 'O' type. Our blood bank all over the country is running low on blood. Help them as we never knew when we're in need.

The blood donation drive will be in Angsana, 2nd floor from Thursday, 3rd February 2011 until Sunday, 6th February 2011. Go out there and help save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment